Below is information regarding SSC’s new tryout formation and team formation for our upcoming season 2018/2019. Please feel free to reach out with any questions. We look forward to an exciting new year!
Two Day Tryout Process: What To Expect
The tryout process consists of two days. The Head coaches for Summit Soccer Club will run these sessions. Darren Shimwell and Dave Stapleton will be fully engaged for the try out sessions except for the boys/ girls years in which they currently coach.
Players will have the opportunity to be assessed on their technical, tactical, physical and psychosocial abilities as a soccer player during the two day sessions.
The goal of our tryouts is for all of our players to feel comfortable, so that they can perform at their best level. The coach will spend time interacting with the group and will be giving coaching information to the players for a more personal and interactive tryout. We feel that this approach will lead to a better performance by the kids and a stress free environment.
Team Formation Process:
Players are ranked based on a 50% combined two day tryout ranking, and a 50% current age level trainer ranking. The age group Head Coach ranking is an ongoing evaluation that has been taking place throughout the spring season. After tryouts, teams will hold combined practices within their age groups so all head coaches in the age group can every player. An age group ranking is then submitted. If there are 40 players in an age group then they will be ranked from 1 - 40. In June, each age group Head Coach will meet along with our team formation committee, club president, and Directors of Coaching to form teams. As a reminder, players are evaluated year round on their technical, tactical, physical and psychosocial abilities by the Directors of Coaching, this will also be taken into account when forming teams. We do NOT take into account positions on the field when forming teams at Summit Soccer Club with the exception of goalkeepers from U12-U14. Our goal is to place players on the correct team for their individual ability level and current development stage.
Thank you for registering for Summit Soccer Club for the 2018-2019 Season. The way travel soccer works is that we need to order player cards from New Jersey Youth Soccer (NJYS). In order to do this we need you also to register on "Bonzi" which is a one time registration process.
Similar to League Atheltics you will still need the photo and either copy of Birth Certificate/Passport to complete the registration.
Currently, the access is through a portal linked to MCYSA's website; so you will see the MCYSA banner at the top of the initial page.
There are basically four steps to complete your part of the process as the parent of a player:
1. You will need to create a new Bonzi account as the first step.
2. Follow the system prompts to enter the required information for your player. It will include contact info for the player and at least one parent or guardian, birth date, and health insurance info (the type of info that was on the player registration form and the medical release form in the past).
3. You will have the option to register another player if need be.
4. Once you have confirmed registration information for your player(s), you can return to your Member Account to complete the remaining two steps.
5. You will need to upload a proof of birth document for your player(s). . . typically a clear copy of a birth certificate or passport. A clear jpeg picture of the document will work. (You can take a photograph of the birth certificate
6. You will need to upload a photo for your player(s).
Summit Soccer Club is pleased to offer a Summer Soccer Series hosted by Directors of Coaching, Darren Shimwell and David Stapleton for those looking to take their game to the next level.
Training Sessions will be based on Small Sided games which are great for developing tactical understanding, decision making and skill execution. Players will also fine tune their speed, agility, balance and coordination as well as their ball mastery, passing, receiving, shooting and finishing skills.
Cost: $60 per player.
6 Week Program beginning the week of June 18th
**We need a minimum of 10 players/age group to register to run this program.