Summit Soccer Club encourages players to participate in a Pre-Season Team Preparation Camp, designed to prepare the players and the team for the upcoming fall season.
The Pre-Season camp is designed to give teams a head start and hit the ground running for the opening week of games. Players will be challenged technically, tactically, physically and psychosocially through Game Realistic Situations where players have to make hundreds of actions, receive hundreds of touches of the ball and have to make thousands of decisions. Players will also work on speed, agility, balance and coordination.
Players will be placed together with their teammates. Lead by SSC Directors of Coaching, Darren Shimwell and Dave Stapleton, the trainers running the camp will be the same trainers working together with our club.
Directors Of Coaching Extra Soccer Training Program
Directors Of Coaching Extra Soccer Training Program.
Darren Shimwell and Dave Stapleton will host extra training sessions for players that would like the opportunity of extra training.
Training sessions will incorporate speed, agility, balance and coordination as well as ball mastery, passing, receiving, shooting and finishing. Sessions will include 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5 small sided games to further enhance player decision making and tactical understanding through game realistic activities.
Darren will oversee the boys training sessions and Dave will oversee the girls training sessions:
New Jersey Youth Soccer (NJYS) changed the registration for the 2017-2018 soccer. In past years we had to collect paperwork from all players during our Registration Rally (which we held on April/May). This was very time consuming for you and our club volunteers. NJYS now has an online system which means that you only need to register your child one time! However that also means all the paperwork we just collected this past spring we can no longer use. We have had a few members test our the system and it will take you about 15 minutes/child. The must difficult step will be to upload the photo of your child, but we must have you complete all the steps successfully and carefully. Please click on the following link to register: https://www.secure-sam.com/summit.bonzidev.com/sam/registration/login.php
This MUST be done ASAP so that we can get all players carded for the fall season
Deadline for teams starting regular season is August 10th
Deadline for teams playing in tournaments before the start of the season is August 1st.
Please see detailed diretions below
The Summit Soccer Club portal for Bonzi, the new NJYS carding registration platform provider is now open.
Currently, the access is through a portal linked to MCYSA's website; so you will see the MCYSA banner at the top of the initial page.
There are basically four steps to complete your part of the process as the parent of a player:
1. You will need to create a new Bonzi account as the first step.
2. Follow the system prompts to enter the required information for your player. It will include contact info for the player and at least one parent or guardian, birth date, and health insurance info (the type of info that was on the player registration form and the medical release form in the past).
3. You will have the option to register another player if need be.
4. Once you have confirmed registration information for your player(s), you can return to your Member Account to complete the remaining two steps. These remaining steps can be done at a different time if need be.
5. You will need to upload a proof of birth document for your player(s). . . typically a clear copy of a birth certificate or passport. A clear jpeg picture of the document will work. (You can take a photograph of the birth certificate
6. You will need to upload a photo for your player(s).
Come train with the Summit High’s Varsity Boys Soccer Coaching Staff, Players and Alumni! Campers will be instructed in a series of game related drills to work on their fundamentals and technique. We highly recommend that you attend this camp if you plan to play soccer this fall.
When: August 22nd-24th 5:30-7:30 pm at Memorial Fields.